Anyone is welcomed to forward information regarding GIS activities within the Mississippi region and SCAUG will gladly post information to assist in prompting activity. Email: Mississippi@scaug.org
Registration is open for the 4th Annual Mississippi Geospatial Conference to be held in Long Beach October 20-21.
Hattiesburg Train Depot, Community Room
308 Newman Rd, Hattiesburg, MS
12:30 p.m. until approximately 2:00 p.m.
Friday 12th of August
– General MAST business
– Presentation “Stringing data and departments with ELA and ArcGIS Online” by Hema Gopalan, Hattiesburg GIS
Pizza and drinks will be provided
Registraiton is open for the 16th Annual Memphis Area Geographic Information Council Annual Conference
MARIS: News and Data- July 2016
I – New Data/Information:
1) Registration is open for the 4th Annual Mississippi Geospatial Conference to be held in Long Beach October 20-21. http://www.mastgis.org/home/conference-registration/
2) New 2015/2016 Imagery Coming mid- August - 6 and 12 inch data for much of the Delta and SE MS http://www.maris.state.ms.us/HTM/DownloadData/localHighRes.html
3) The NAIP Imagery is currently being collected. Resolution this year will be 60 cm (~2 foot) and 4 band should be available. We expect delivery of the data this Fall.
4) SE LIDAR Data now Online - http://www.maris.state.ms.us/HTM/DownloadData/LIDAR.html
5) TRANSPORTATION: DOT Railroad Crossings- http://www.maris.state.ms.us/HTM/DownloadData/Statewide.html
II – New Map/Image Services:
1) 2015 SE DEM / Hillshade Map Service - http://www.maris.state.ms.us/HTM/Mapping/MapServices.html
2) 2014 Central MS DEM / Hillshade Map Service - http://www.maris.state.ms.us/HTM/Mapping/MapServices.html
Please send any questions and comments to email@example.com .
MISSISSIPPI GIS LINKS
MISSISSIPPI GIS COLLEGE LINKS
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY http://geosciences.msstate.edu/
DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY http://www.deltastate.edu/pages/298.asp
UNIVERISTY OF MISSISSIPPI http://eigs.olemiss.edu/
JACKSON STATE http://www.jsums.edu/cset/or/centers/centtlgsdr.htm