Since 1990, SCAUG has provided resources and tools for geographic information systems (GIS) users and professionals in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi. Membership connects you to a community of knowledge in a growing industry.
Once a member, you can check the website for regional information, Board of Director’s information, our corporate sponsors, education opportunities, annual conference information and links to important websites. The website is updated often, so check it out!
SCAUG members benefit from the interaction from all of these communities. Workshops, conferences, and a continuously updated, information-packed website are just a few of the reasons why GIS professionals turn to SCAUG.
- Substantial discounts on SCAUG sponsored specialty conferences, workshops and training
- Opportunity to get involved with SCAUG Committees and Special Interest Groups
- Professional growth and networking opportunities
- Members only website that includes the Job Posting, Member Directory, Online Training, polls, surveys and much more.
- Contact database
Beginning January 1, 2010, SCAUG is changing its membership policy to better serve those who join.
Membership is available by three methods:
- Standard - SCAUG membership is for one full year from the date of paying $30.00 dues.
- Student - SCAUG membership is for one full year from the date of paying $15.00 dues. Students must be enrolled full time (at least 12 hours undergraduate or 9 hours graduate) at the time of joining.
Complimentary - A complimentary membership is offered for those attending the Regional or a State Chapter conference, or a SCAUG training course. The membership is valid till the next annual conference (Approximately 1 year)
- No discount will be credited to members who have paid for a Standard or Student membership independent of a Complimentary SCAUG membership associated with a conference registration.
As SCAUG changes from a January 1 calendar year to an anniversary date membership renewal, please note the following:
- Membership for those who attended the 2009 Regional SCAUG Conference will expire on March 29, 2010.
- Membership for those who attended the 2009 Oklahoma SCAUG Conference will expire on October 20, 2010.
- Those who joined or renewed Standard SCAUG membership ($30) or Student SCAUG membership ($15) prior to Jan 1, 2010 will receive membership credit toward a 2010 conference. Their membership will then be extended for one year from the date of their 2010 conference registration. In future years, this conference credit will not be extended. Those members who do not attend a 2010 conference will expire on Dec 31, 2010.
You can purchase at www.scaug.org online with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to offer safe and secure credit card and electronic check transactions for our customers.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the credit card and electronic check processing networks. The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
Compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
www.scaug.org is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
Should you encounter online payment issues click here.