Sr IT Programmer/Analyst - Asset Management
City of Ft. Worth
Pay Range From $69,255.89
Pay Range To $90,032.66
Closing Date 1/25/17
The Transportation & Public Works Department seeks to hire a Senior IT Programmer/Analyst to provide support for the City Manager’s Asset Management Initiative. We are looking for someone to be part of a collaborative team working to provide support for the new work order and asset management system. Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in GIS, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Programming, Computer Technology or a related field and 5 years of experience in information systems administration or GIS. Knowledge of transportation systems, pavement management or asset management is plus. Supervisory experience is required. The candidate will work in downtown Fort Worth, Monday through Friday with some scheduling flexibility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· documenting business processes
· converting business processes into logical software workflows within the asset management software
· editing GIS asset and providing quality control for the team edits
· overseeing TPW’s asset database and making schema recommendations
· acting as administrator for the asset management system and modify system configuration as needed
· writing SQL queries and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
· documenting software configuration and coding
· Utilizing ESRI’s ArcGIS to integrate with the asset management system and conduct periodic analysis
· Update TPW’s asset registry using ESRI’s ArcGIS
· trouble shoot issues with users
· leading small projects or work efforts
· providing technical training, SOPs and demonstrations to end-users
· supervise a team up to 3 employees
We are looking for someone who thinks logically and has the ability to communicate well with other in a professional capacity. The candidate should be able to think independently and work with minimal supervision when provided with a task or objective.
Preference may be given to candidates with experience in:
· Work Order Systems
· SQL Server Reporting Services
· Asset Management Systems
· Pavement Management Systems
· Transportation Systems
Valid Texas Driver’s License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force freque3ntly, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Conditions of Employment
Persons selected for employment will be required to take and pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, employment verification, alcohol test, driver’s license check, driving record check, medical examination. All employees of the City of Fort Worth are paid by direct deposit only. The City of Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.