Smith County 9-1-1 Emergency Communication District
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This mid-level position utilizes GIS mapping technology to collect, develop and manipulate data to produce desired data layers, reports, maps, and/or graphs related to E911 services provided by Smith County 9-1-1 District
Essential Job Functions:
· Takes a lead role in development, maintenance and accuracy of the County Wide base map and associated layers.
· Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services as it pertains to the GIS program
· Responsible for creating, maintaining and accuracy of 9-1-1 required GIS Data Layers and ensuring they meet NENA and other standards
· Interact with various regulatory and governmental agencies concerning GIS and Next Generation 9-1-1 development activities and standards
· Responsible for developing and maintain ESN’s (Emergency Service Numbers) and the Master Street Address Guide (MSAG)
· Works with Wireless and VoIP companies to ensure correct routing of 9-1-1 calls and database development
· Takes lead role in developing and maintains procedures for assignment of new addresses in Smith County and assisting others cities
· Works and communicates effectively with the Smith County GIS Consortium, Emergency Service Providers and other City/County agencies
· Works with IT Administrator on issues relating to GIS
ArcGIS is required
Ability to communicate successfully verbally and in writing
Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Frequently walks, uses hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reaches with hand and arms, climbs or balances; and stoops, crouches and kneels.
· Occasionally lifts and/or moves objects up to 50 pounds
· Specific vision abilities include close, color, peripheral and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Graduate from an accredited college or four years’ experience in GIS, or an equivalent combination of education of education and experience. Have knowledge of GIS function and capabilities and have an understanding of how GIS technology can be applied in 9-1-1.
Minimum Starting Salary $45,000 annually plus benefits
Information and applications available at www.911district.com
or contact Bill Morales or Jan Funderburgh at 903.566.8911*Drug test required - EEO