Job Position : GIS Engineering Specialist
Company Name : City of Grapevine
Company Location : Grapevine, TX
Apply Online at:
Closing Date/Time : Fri. 01/29/21 5:00 PM Central Time
Salary : $2,638.22 - $3,693.53 Biweekly
$5,716.14 - $8,002.65 Monthly
$68,593.72 - $96,031.78 Annually
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : City of Grapevine, Texas
Department : Public Works
Job Summary Benefits Supplemental Questions :
Manages and coordinates the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Information and GIS Systems Development for the Public Works Department using the ArcGIS suite of products.
1. Manages Public Works Enterprise GIS and Public Works ArcGIS Online deployment of web maps, applications, dashboards, and solutions for Public Works departmental users.
2. Acts as System Secondary-Administrator for Cartegraph Work Order & Asset Management System.
3. Manages GIS integration with Cartegraph System and provides technical support and training for Public Works GIS & Cartegraph user.s
4. Generates web maps specific to Public Works requirements with map service, feature service, print service, geocoding service, and/or geoprocessing service solutions.
5. Manages tasks and projects as assigned by management.
6. Creates, evaluates and continuously improves GIS processes
7. Performs project management for GIS and Cartegraph development projects.
8. Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures, standards and quality control strategies for Public Works GIS data and maps.
9. Identifies GIS and Cartegraph user requirements, and implement application improvements and/or modifications.
10. Provides Subject Matter Expertise for GIS and Cartegraph application.
11. Develops and utilizes GIS to perform analysis of engineering-related data.
12. Prepares graphical and non-graphical information for staff reports and presentations; assists with oral presentations as requested.
13. Coordinates Public Works related GIS and Cartegraph activities between the Information Technology Department and the City's GIS Manager.
14. Confers and coordinates with outside organizations and the GIS Manager to exchange and utilize GIS related information.
15. Conducts assessments of GIS software and hardware needs for the Public Works Department.
16. Writes SQL queries, SQL Spatial Views, and configure data models to establish automation and/or integration with business applications.
17. Creates, edits and manipulates all types of GIS data utilizing the most appropriate ESRI software and tools available to produce high quality results.
18. Uses editing tools, Geometric Networks, topology rules, geocoding, spatial analysis and geoprocessing tools within the ArcGIS platform to provide targeted maps and applications for the Department.
19. Assists with inquiries regarding City GIS records and projects.
20. Assists with budget preparation, review, and monitoring, in relation to GIS and Cartegraph.
21. Ensures continuing data integrity of GIS and Cartegraph systems.
22. Ensures the accessibility and availability of Public Works GIS and Cartegraph system resources to Public Works users.
23. Ensures customized, accurate, and visually appealing maps and reports.
24. Ensures GIS integration with Cartegraph supports Public Works user requirements.
25. Ensures Public Works GIS and Cartegraph data is accurate, useable and current.
26. Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
27. Regular and timely attendance are required for this position.
28. Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to perform a high percentage of tasks independently without supervisory assistance.
- Must be able to work with parcels, street centerlines, drainage facilities and public utilities.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have an aptitude for brainstorming and problem solving.
- Must be highly skilled in using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and Server products with a strong working knowledge of customization, SQL scripting, SQL Server, and database integration.
- Must be highly skilled in the ArcGIS platform must be highly developed, including use of editing tools, geometric networks, topology rules, geocoding, geoprocessing tools, analyzing & evaluating spatial data, creating data models & writing Python code, creating SQL queries, views, & scripts and using the ArcGIS Online environment to provide targeted maps and applications for the Department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or similar field, and three (3) years of full-time hands-on experience with ESRI software; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Master’s degree in Geospatial Information Sciences is preferred.
Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) Certification preferred.
GPS technology experience and government work experience preferred.
Must pass a credit check and Federal/National criminal background check.
Must have a valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record as defined by City policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.
Apply Online at: