City of Tulsa
Apply Online at : https://cityoftulsa.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
Online Job Description: https://www.cityoftulsa.org/media/5950/1527.pdf
PURPOSE OF THE CLASSIFICATION: Under general direction assists GIS staff, with the creation of
spatial data and mapping applications using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Conducts file maintenance on GIS databases
- Assists with spatial analysis and database queries
- Collaborates in the development of adhoc and production maps
- Performs testing, debugging, related implementation tasks with supervision
- Assists with performing research of City, county and sources of records for information to revise and update GIS databases
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Training and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree in computer science, GIS, geography, geology or sixty (60) college hours; and three (3) years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience, per Personnel Policies and Procedures, Section 128.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Basic knowledge of enterprise GIS architecture with the ability to provide general support for GIS users; Understanding and knowledge of methods and techniques used in systems analysis and design; Basic knowledge of GIS software processes and enterprise geodatabase creation/editing/maintenance. Some knowledge of developing mapping services; and spatial programming languages.
- Physical Requirements: Physical requirements include arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity enough to use a keyboard and telephone; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; occasional carrying up to 20 pounds; may be subject to walking or sitting for extended periods of time, standing, reaching, handling, twisting and climbing; and vision, speech and hearing sufficient to perform the essential tasks.
- Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require possession of a valid Oklahoma Class “D”Operators License.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Working conditions are primarily indoors in an office environment and may require some travel to local and regional locations to provide computer-related assistance and provide on-call after hours support for production systems.
Class Code: 1527
EEO Code: N-03
Pay Code: IT-32
Group: Clerical and Administrative
Series: Data Processing and Information Services
Effective date: December 28, 2016