Job Position : Senior GIS Analyst
Company Name : Town of Prosper
Company Location : Prosper, TX
Apply Online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/prospertx/jobs/2864067/senior-gis-analyst?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
SENIOR GIS ANALYST
$64,729.60 - $76,148.80 Annually
Under general direction of the Director of I.T., the Senior GIS Analyst oversees a variety of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, functions, and data; works within an enterprise GIS environment to develop, maintain, and provide application support for web mapping applications; manages GPS data collection and conversion for development in the Town; inputs geographic data from a variety of sources; conducts geospatial analysis using the ArcGIS suite of products; processes, edits, and maintains geospatial data in an enterprise GIS environment. Has ability to develop complex web mapping and analytic products using programming, templates, and APIs and write complex queries and scripts designed to automate processes and integrate with business data. Provides documentation and training for use of GIS products.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
· Designs, develops, maintains, supports, and administers Town-wide Enterprise GIS architecture.
· Coordinates with, and ensures adequate support from, the Town’s ArcGIS hosting vendor
· Performs data conversion using a combination of tools and data sources.
· Creates, monitors, and maintains Web Mapping Applications.
· Provides application support for web maps, dashboards, and analytic solutions; which may include issue resolution, training, and/or issue escalation.
· Maintains familiarity with line-of-business software used and supported by the organization and provides integrations as needed.
· Provides training to other Town staff regarding the use of GIS applications and software, data security and data management.
· Generates web map services specific to business solutions with map service, feature service, print service, geocoding service, and/or geoprocessing service requirements.
· Regularly processes, converts, transforms, and loads geospatial data, and vector and raster datasets for distributed access, and conducts geospatial analysis using ArcGIS software and extensions.
· Maintains proficiency and expertise in the latest GIS industry developments. Conducts research on hardware and evaluates new, specialized, and/or enterprise software applications for appropriateness and usability as a supplement for GIS efforts and to make purchasing recommendations, as needed.
· Follows standards of GIS data quality and integrity requirements while evaluating, editing, and otherwise processing data.
· Occasionally enters legal description information into GIS to determine validity of information primarily for development projects.
· Occasionally creates map documents specific to business solutions with a map service requirement.
· Occasionally writes SQL queries, SQL Spatial Views, and data models to establish automation and/or integration with business applications.
· Maintains professional working relationship within the department and with other department representatives of entities with whom Prosper has vendor relationships.
· Occasionally conducts data gathering and analysis and creates products that help businesses decipher data significance for intelligent decision-making.
· Manages data conversion projects for all new development and maintains critical relationship with conversion vendor.
· Maintains a variety of GIS layers and databases including street, parcel, subdivision, and utility data while adhering to organizational quality standards.
· Prepares written and oral reports on programs, analyses, and studies, as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Five (5) years of experience as a GIS Technician, GIS Analyst or similar position. Documented experience using ArcGIS products, SQL, Python, and Microsoft Office. Degrees in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, or related fields may be substituted for one year of experience.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Computer Science, Data Analysis or related field.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
License or Certification:
· Must possess a valid Texas Class C driver’s license.
· Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) Certification preferred.
· Must pass MVR check.
· Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.