Job Position : GIS Data Maintenance Technician
Company Name : DETCOG
Company Location : Lufkin, TXApply Online at : www.detcog.gov/jobs
SUPERVISORS: DIRECTOR OF REGIONAL 9-1-1; GIS DATA QUALITY MANAGER
SALARY RANGE: $36,600-$42,135 (DEPENDING ON QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE)
The GIS Data Maintenance Technician is responsible for reviewing and resolving identified data errors in GIS and 9-1-1 system databases maintained by the Regional 9-1-1 Network. They are responsible for ensuring data errors are resolved within required time frames and properly prioritizing between critical and non-critical data errors. They are required to establish and maintain good working relationships with various organizations, including City, County, and other government offices, as well as the general public, telephone companies, and area US Postal Service offices. The GIS Data Maintenance Technician assists the 9-1-1 Data Quality Manager and GIS Administrator with other assigned data acquisition, creation, editing, analysis, and visualization tasks. The GIS Data Maintenance Technician works extensively in ESRI ArcMap 10.x and Microsoft Office software.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
GIS Data Maintenance Technician operates under the general supervision of the GIS Data Quality Manager to meet the goals and objectives of the Regional 9-1-1 Network. This position operates under general direction with moderate latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate by phone, email, and/or in person with USPS, telephone companies, incorporated cities, adjoining counties, elected officials, general public, DETCOG staff, and other relevant parties to identify and resolve errors and issues in 9-1-1 System Call-Routing Databases and GIS Databases.
- Perform data maintenance and editing in GIS & 9-1-1 system databases with exceptional attention to detail.
- Maintain the integrity of GIS maps and datasets per DETCOG, CSEC, and other relevant standards and requirements during job performance.
- Assist the County-Level GIS Database Maintenance Specialist with their essential addressing and database maintenance functions as scheduling or workload requires, including periodically assigning or re-assigning physical addresses as needed.
· Other GIS and 9-1-1 system related tasks that may be assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college with major course work involving use of GIS software and data analysis
- Two years of professional GIS and/or data analysis experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze data, to devise solutions to problems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
· Valid driver's license from state of residency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including but not limited to MS Word and Excel
- Experience with ESRI software, including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro is preferred
· Experience in data analysis, data quality assurance and reporting
- Work performed indoors with some outdoor exposure
- Occasional travel within the DETCOG region for data collection and outside of the region to training events may be necessary
- Requires ability to distinguish colors
· Requires physical abilities to operate computers, telephone, and office equipment for extended periods of time
Application form is available on the official DETCOG website at www.detcog.gov/jobs. Submit completed application and resume to the DETCOG Human Resources Director by one of the following methods:
- Submit online at www.detcog.gov/jobs
- Email to: DDavidson@detcog.gov
- Mail to DETCOG Human Resources, 1405 Kurth Drive, Lufkin TX 75904
- Deliver to DETCOG Receptionist at 1405 Kurth Drive in Lufkin
Interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply without delay. DETCOG may begin interviews any time on or after September 21, 2020. This position is open until filled.
DETCOG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER