Dallas Central Appraisal District
- Are you looking to develop your geographical awareness and pursue your passion for understanding the world around you?
- Come join our GIS team at one of the premier Appraisal Districts in Texas! As a member of a very hands-on GIS group your work gets noticed. Experience the immediate results of your impact on the tax aspect of GIS. Great learning opportunity, excellent benefits, awesome work-life balance!
- Expertise in the use of ArcGIS application software, specifically parcel editing.
- Ability to work with geographic information system technology and its inter-relationship to property tax appraisal.
- Understanding of legal descriptions in conveyance documents and assessor plats.
- Knowledge of standardized engineering drafting techniques, trigonometry and descriptive/coordinate geometry.
- Must have one to two years of experience interpreting recorded documents with metes and bounds descriptions and coordinate geometry.
- One to two years of experience using the ArcGIS 10.X suite of tools is also required.
- Responsible for performing complex research from various source documents, and then digitizing and compiling the database necessary to maintain plats and ownership records for property splits and new additions.
- A bachelor degree in GIS. In certain circumstances GIS, or related field or a technical degree in drafting, surveying and/or geographic information systems with at least three years of related experience may be considered.
- PHYSICAL and MENTAL ABILITIES:
- The position requires the ability to concentrate on assigned tasks and the ability to manage time effectively in order to meet production and quality objectives.
- Incumbent must be able to operate office equipment including computers (keyboard and touch) and calculators.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate clearly on the telephone and face to face, including the ability to ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions.
Compensation: The salary range is $34,000 to $54,400 based on experience. Interested candidates must submit a completed application and resume to Human Resources. The application can be accessed at:.