Apply Online at: https://usr56.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/ntmw/Posting/View/321
Wylie, TX, USA Req #152
Friday, September 27, 2019
1. Provides assistance in documenting current business processes and models.
2. Conducts simple geospatial analysis using ArcGIS software and its extensions.
3. Daily responsibilities will include validating geographic information with comparing construction "As Builts" with an internal database.
4. Provides assistance in determining the need for a change request; may implement changes.
5. Works with internal and external customers and TS partners to gather and validate requirements.
6. May develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
7. May develop and write business requirements for the design of geospatial solutions.
8. May Interpret business requirements and determine optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
9. May determine and analyze commonly used queries and reports.
10. May create organization-wide visualization, maps and custom reports for special projects.
11. Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these problems.
12. May perform geospatial analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various sources; geocodes and converts these data to GIS format as needed.
13. May develop best practices for GIS solutions deployment.
14. Verifies the collected data is within required quality standards; performs data editing and quality control review of GIS layers.
15. May maintain the quality of metadata repository/data dictionary by adding, modifying, and deleting data.
16. May provide input to the development of information quality metrics; may ensure quality metrics are documented and tracked.
17. Develops simple meaningful dashboards and reports for more than one business area.
18. May develop visualizations that tell an effectively data story to key business decision makers.
19. Fields incoming issues and problem tickets from end-users to resolve application and
software issues within servers, geodatabases, and other GIS-related mission-critical application systems.
20. Records, tracks, and documents the problem-solving process, including all successful and
unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
21. Tests fixes and performs post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately been resolved.
22. Identifies and learns appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
23. May create and maintain ArcGIS Server web services consumed by various GIS applications.
24. Creates and maintains system models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to team.
25. Participates in the design, development, and delivery of GIS software applications training programs and individual classes.
26. Designs and deploys GIS web applications.
27. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarity with GIS applications in planning, public policy or related intergovernmental processes.
2. Fundamental knowledge and skill in the operation of GIS equipment, including computer hardware, plotter/printer setup, GPS, etc.
3. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer literacy, including technical staff and non-technical users.
4. Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies and software, at times without formal training.
5. Able to manage basic projects through analysis of requirements, priority and task management, collaboration, ongoing communication, and a drive to deliver quality solutions.
6. Respond quickly to emergent problems and focus both on long-range projects and immediate tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment. Must have a high level of energy and responsiveness.
7. Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions and consequences of proposed actions, articulate possibilities, and implement recommendations to support departmental goals.
8. Demonstrate critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
9. Solid background with SQL Server including SSRS, as well as being proficient with T-SQL stored procedures, functions, views and statements.
10. Work effectively as an individual or as a member of a team.
11. Able to write detailed procedures and effectively document code per departmental specification.
12. Must have a high level of personal and professional integrity.
13. Bachelor's degree, Graduate Certificate or equivalent experience in Geography, Cartography, Planning or a related field.
14. Two or more years of experience with ESRI's ArcGIS suite of software, version 10.0 or higher.
15. Four or more combined years of experience working with GIS, EAMS, CMMS, ERP, HRIS, CRM or using relational databases, data retrieval, and ad-hoc reporting tools (SQL and SQL Reporting Services).
16. Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.