Job Position : GIS Specialist II
Company Name : Association of Central Governments (ACOG)
Company Location : Oklahoma City, OK
Apply Online at : http://www.acogok.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/GIS-Specialist-II-2020.pdf
JOB TITLE: GIS Specialist II
DEPARTMENT: 9-1-1 & Public Safety
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: 9-1-1 GIS Manager
DATE: August 2020
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
EMPLOYER INFORMATION: The Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG) is the regional planning agency and the designated metropolitan planning organization (MPO) serving the four-county Central Oklahoma region (Oklahoma, Cleveland, Canadian and Logan Counties). ACOG, located in Oklahoma City, performs work related to enhanced 9-1-1 services, community & economic development, water resources, air quality, transportation planning and other issues of regional significance. For more information about ACOG and the variety of services and programs provided, please access our website at www.acogok.org.
JOB SUMMARY: In 1988, the Association of Central Governments (ACOG), in partnership with local and state officials, created 9-1-1 ACOG to efficiently provide emergency communication procedures and facilities for Central Oklahoma. Today, 9-1-1 ACOG provides administrative, technical and educational services to nearly 50 communities in Central Oklahoma. This year, 9-1-1 ACOG will embark on implementing NG9-1-1 and will be the first agency in Oklahoma to deliver this cutting-edge and lifesaving technology to its members. The GIS Specialist II will collect, develop and maintain data to produce desired reports, maps, and/or graphs related to 9-1-1 services provided by ACOG. This position, which is under the direct supervision of the 9-1-1 GIS Manager, will be responsible for maintaining GIS data used in the 9-1-1 system and maintaining MSAG and related databases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Gather and compile member GIS data including addresses, street centerlines, community boundaries, and emergency boundaries
• Prepare maps and/or data for use by 9-1-1 ACOG members
• Maintain MSAG database and trouble tickets
• Assist in maintaining cellular system data including towers, antennas and sectors
• Responsible for weekly data transfers and data exports for entities
• Maintains PSAP error reports and ALI error logs
• Communicates with appropriate parties to obtain needed data to incorporate into GIS
• Assures quality control on all assigned projects including NG 9-1-1 data as well as proactive checks on existing data
• Resolves data discrepancies and other data issues related to data QA/QC
• Prepares and provides requested data and documents to member communities, developers and individuals
• Performs data collection, research and assessments when needed. May include contacting staff or member agencies and/or outside agencies, traveling, and collection of field data
• Maintain topology within and between member jurisdictions’ 9-1-1 GIS data
• Validation of GIS and ALI data including geocoding and data error resolution
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to 9-1-1 ACOG member entities as well as private organizations and citizens
• Converts maps to formats compatible with other desktop applications for print or web
• Maintains a working knowledge with various software that are used to complete job duties
• Perform projects and other duties as required from management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
• Minimum three years of experience in GIS mapping and data collection
• A Bachelor’s degree or certificate in GIS, CADF, cartography, applied technology or related field
• Specialized experience or skill may substitute for specific degree or experience requirement. Additionally, the employee holding this position must possess the ability to perform assigned responsibilities as well as new and changing duties, with an attitude of complete cooperation and an inclination to personally identify with the Association’s agency goals, objectives and responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop including creating and editing topology and geocoding
• Proficient within Windows operating system
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, able to work well with a wide range of people
• Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple work assignments in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
• Eager to take initiative, accept new techniques and procedures quickly and integrate with daily job duties
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
• Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity
• Occasionally lift to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities include close, color, peripheral, and the ability to adjust focus
• Normal office environment
COMPENSATION: The hiring range for this position will be $48,000 – $52,000 annually. ACOG offers a competitive benefits package which includes paid vacation and sick leave, health, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement; health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending account for medical and child/ dependent care expense; and flexible work schedules.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Download the ACOG employment application at: http://www.acogok.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ACOG-Employment-Fill-Out-Form.pdf
2. Send completed application package (cover letter, completed application form and resume) to:
Brent Hawkinson, 9-1-1 & Public Safety Director Association of Central Oklahoma Governments 4205 N. Lincoln Blvd. Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject GIS Specialist II.
Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Position is open until filled; initial review of applications begins September 8, 2020.
All employment offers will be within the stated hiring range. ACOG reserves the right to hire at an appropriate level. ACOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).