Scripting in ArcGIS with Arcade
(1 Day class) Dec 17, 2020
$250 Virtual Course
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, Dec 2, 2020
Arcade is a simple scripting language used across the ArcGIS Platform to customize label expressions and pop-ups, and to create sophisticated symbology by manipulating attributes on-the-fly. Arcade is a secure, cross-platform language which works in ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online and Portal, and in web apps running on desktops or mobile devices. You don’t have to be a programmer to incorporate Arcade scripts into your maps and apps. This course will give you a great foundation in the scripting language, and some tips and tricks for incorporating Arcade into your work.
ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Desktop users who want to create better, more useful maps by improving the presentation of pop-ups and labels, and by creating symbology using on-the-fly attribute manipulation.
▪ The Arcade Language – Understanding Where and How Arcade Is Used. (Why Arcade?; Arcade for Customizing Pop-ups; Arcade for Label Expressions; Arcade for Symbology)
▪ Arcade Basics – Getting Familiar with Arcade Syntax and Rules. (Arcade Syntax; Arcade Profiles; Arcade Returned Values; Arcade Rules; Commonly Used String Manipulation Functions; Simple Field Calculations in Labels and Pop-ups)
▪ Conditional Statements – Doing More with Your Script – Letting Your Script Make Decisions (If/then Conditional Statements; Using Conditional Statements for labeling, pop-ups, and symbology)
▪ Arcade Functions– Manipulating Strings, Dates and Numbers, and Accessing Geometry Data. (Calculations with Arcade; Manipulating Strings and Dates with Arcade; Functions for Accessing Geometry Information)
▪ Arcade for Symbology – Setting Display Properties with Arcade. (Special Symbology with Arcade)Format
In-person instruction with hands-on practice and course materials you can keep.
Prerequisites and Recommendations
Attendees should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows® and be familiar with the basic use of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online, including the topics covered in either the Introduction to ArcGIS Pro and Web Map Essentials – Adding ArcGIS Online and Portal to Your GIS Skillset or equivalent classes.
Please make certain that you provide your MAILING ADDRESS FOR MATERIALS in your registration. This will be the address that TeachMeGIS will be mailing your course materials to.