City of Waxahachie, TX
Title: GIS Technician
Salary: $19.09 – 23.87 (Hourly)
Department: Planning & Zoning
Summary: Under general direction, perform a variety of technical tasks relative to the maintenance and development of Geographic Information System (GIS) databases, metadata, applications, maps, printing and scanning, reports, queries, etc. to support the GIS Division and other Departments as needed, and performs other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Computer-based GIS and their applications.
· GIS software development tools.
· Statistical and research methods as applied to the collection, tabulation and presentation of data.
· Computerized applications for research, analysis and presentation (spreadsheet, database and presentation programs.
· Printers, plotters, scanners, digitizers, etc. and their operations.
· AutoCAD, HTML and CSS and/or similar products.
· Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
· Operations, services and activities of the city.
· Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
· Apply the principles and practices of GIS.
· Read and interpret technical information, construction plans and complex maps.
· Use specific computer systems and software packages required for the job.
· Collect, organize, and analyze technical, statistical and related information pertaining to planning and zoning research and other City functions.
· Prepare graphics and a variety of maps.
· Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures.
· Operate a variety of modern office equipment in a safe and effective manner.
· Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws, and regulations.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree plus one-year related experience; Associate’s Degree or GIS Certification plus two years related experience. Job related experience may substitute for the required education on year-for-year basis. Any combination of education or related experience may qualify.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
When driving is a requirement of the classification: A valid State driver license is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout employment.
The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is usually quiet. Certain positions within the classification may require availability to work flexible schedule.
Apply through following link